Like Lavender, this was one of the first oils I purchased. After trying an elimination diet and medicine, I was still getting headaches 1-3 times a week. A friend recommended peppermint oil, and – despite my hesitation towards the “oil craze” – I literally left the coffee shop where we were meeting and drove down to the local vitamin shop to purchase a bottle of peppermint. Sweet relief.
Once I learned that not all oils are created equally and purchased the highest grade peppermint, I found even more headache relief. Here are some more uses for peppermint essential oil.
- Headaches. Depending the intensity of your headache and your personal tolerance, you can either mix 1-2 drops with Coconut Oil or apply directly to the skin. I personally applied the peppermint directly to the skin. Apply to temples, back of neck, and under your nose.
- Nausea. I also used peppermint a LOT when I was pregnant. You can inhale the oil or apply it to your abdomen.
- Focus. You’ve heard to suck on a peppermint during a test? Well, that’s because peppermint aids in concentration.
- Energy Boost. Apply 1-2 drops to your wrist and/or inhale. Instant coffee without the caffeine dependency.
- Heartburn. I so wish I knew this during pregnancy. Add 1-2 drops to your water and drink after a big meal – or every night of the third trimester.
If you decide to purchase oils today through the links below, I sure would appreciate it if you plug in 4641685 as the “Referrer ID” at checkout. Little Bear Oils is one way that God provides for our family, and I so appreciate your support. Thanks!
If you’d like more information about how to receive wholesale pricing on your oils (without any commitment to sell them), I’d love to chat more. You can contact me here.
Oils mentioned in this post: Peppermint.